TAG: The Sunshine Blogger Award

by - March 20, 2017

The lovely Tracey Dyck over at Adventure Awaits tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, meaning I have to answer 11 questions from her, then tag 11 other bloggers, and ask them 11 new questions. You can see this as a "Get to Know Me" tag if you want....
So, here we go.
11 (Semi-Random) Facts About Me!

1. What's the most addicting app on your phone?

Well, I will admit that I'm still firmly grounded in the aughties and do not yet have a smart phone. Therefore, the most addicting web page for me is (gasp!) YouTube.
Seriously, though! The comedy (when it's clean) is so good. Studio C, for example.
Or some of the stupid ones. Like this one.
It's not the original, I don't think, but you can find that easily enough. Addicting? Noooooo....

2. What's a Song That Speaks to Your Life Right Now?

*quickly checks Spotify*
Centuries by Fall Out Boy is one of my favorites right now. I also love It's Not Over Yet by For King and Country, Fight Song by Rachel Platten, and The Calling by TheFatRat.
If you can't tell, I think of life as a battle, and I need anthems.

3.  Do you have a book or movie that's your "happy place"--a fictional world into which you retreat when you need a breather? What is it?

I love to travel to the world of Aerwiar that exists within the Wingfeather Saga. The first book is nothing but laughs, while the other ones are dark and heavy and make you cry and long to go there. I have never wanted to live in a fictional world like I do Aerwiar.

4. What's a book you were (or are) looking forward to so much you're scared to read it, for fear it won't live up to your expectations?

Trolls vs. Humans by Jasper Fforde. It's the fourth book in the Chronicles of Kazam series, and because the first three have been amazing, I'm sure this one will too, but it hasn't come out yet and won't for years probably and the wait is killing me.

5. If you had to have all of your past memories wiped except for one day, which day would you choose to remember?

The day I met Gail Carson Levine, who is one of my favorite authors. My family spent the day at a little science museum in New Hampshire, with lots of family bonding time and laughter, and then we got to go meet my favorite author and get her to sign about forty of our books... Hands down one of the best days of my life.

6. What question would you like to ask one of your favorite authors?

I'd ask: What's your favorite fast food chain?
Weird, I know. But I don't usually think of good questions when I'm starstruck, so..... *babbles incoherently*

7. If you had to describe yourself as one of the four seasons, which would it be?

Fall. I can be moody, but I am beautiful (And humble, too, my dad says from the background.)

8. What's your personality type? (Myers Briggs, DISC, whichever test you prefer.)

INFJ. Without a doubt. It's so obvious. I read the list and I know that they are stalking me.

9. An envelope containing $500 shows up on your doorstep. On what do you spend it?

Ice cream.
Just kidding. If I were spending it on myself, I'd buy all those books I've been longing to get for years and years months now and get ice cream afterwards. If I were to give it away, I would donate to Abort73.com, the best pro-life organization I know.

10. Would you rather be trapped in a lamp, a tower, or an enchanted sleep?

A tower. At least then you have something to do. I mean, a lamp? Ugh. And an enchanted sleep? No magical kisses for me, thank you very much. I'll stay in a tower and go crazy. Just please make sure there's Wi-Fi and a laptop for me so I can keep writing and blogging.

11. Which Disney villain(ess) do you find the most scary?

Ursula from the Little Mermaid. Basically hands down. Although since seeing the Lion King, I'm thinking Scar is a serious contender for this position.

And there you have it! The lovely questions from the equally lovely Tracey that will hopefully give you a couple of extra little random factoids about me.

And now for my eleven questions:
1. What is your favorite fast food place?
2. If you could learn any foreign language, which would it be?
3. What is your personal favorite animated film of all time?
4. If you could go to a national conference, what would it be about?
5. If you could go to a concert, whose would it be?
6. Would you rather be stranded on a deserted island, Antarctica (with supplies to stay warm), or a rugged mountain?
7. What is your favorite episode of Star Wars?
8. What is your favorite school subject?
9. If you could spend the rest of your life doing any career you want, what would it be and why?
10. What is your favorite book that no one has ever heard of?
11. Which do you prefer: spaghetti or Chinese food?

And I tag: (There will not be eleven of these, I don't know enough bloggers who Tracey didn't tag :P)
Laura @An Odd Blog
Lilly @ A Lilly In God's Garden
Christine @Musings of An Elf
Jenelle @Jenelle Schmidt
And, if you want to answer these questions, feel free to do so!

~Faith




You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love your answer to #9!

    "I'll stay in a tower and go crazy. Just please make sure there's Wi-Fi and a laptop for me so I can keep writing and blogging." Hm, that doesn't sound all that bad, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't.... Until you realize that you also need a treadmill to stay in shape and a cell phone because HELLO FRIENDSHIPS and.... So then it really wouldn't be imprisonment.

      Delete
  2. This was so fun to read! I'm addicted to YouTube too! But then, who isn't??? Fallout Boy is also my guilty listening pleasure, even though some of their songs aren't the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that Centuries is the only Fallout Boy song I really like. I'm kind of guilty of listening to Imagine Dragons recently, although I'm also enjoying Taylor Swift at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE reading these and getting to know my blogging buddies better!

    STUDIO C! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Their skits just kill me! And, oh my word, I've never seen that Elsa and Saruman one until now. I AM DYING. XDDDD

    I sooo need to read the Wingfeather books. It's just shameful I haven't yet!

    *LE GASP* YOU MET GAIL CARSON LEVINE???? That...that...THAT IS AMAZIIIING. I can definitely see why that was your favorite day! Just...AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! TOO AWESOME.

    Oh! My mom and sister are both totally and completely INJFs, so I'm very familiar with that personality type. You guys are basically the sweetest, most intuitive people on the planet. ^_^

    I'd totally spend all that money on books. XD (Oh wait, I ALREADY spend all my money on books... *cough*)

    I'd definitely choose to stay in a tower as well. As long as there was wi-fi, it'd be no big deal. XD

    All your answers were too fun to read, and you're the sweetest to pass this my way. Thank you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, these are really fun, aren't they!
      I love Studio C so much. The Elsa and Saruman one is based on one that's just called Trolling Saruman, and it is also incredibly funny. And have you seen "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard"? My youtube friends are murderous. I swear they're out for my blood.
      YES, YOU MUST READ WINGFEATHERS. They will make you laugh and cry and want to throw yourself into the book so you can reappear there. There is no singing the praises of those books enough.
      YES! Gail Carson Levine was so great! She did a talk on her characterization/writing/plotting methods, and then she was kind enough to take a picture with me and my sisters.
      Haha, thanks. I don't know that I'm the sweetest person on the planet - I can be aggressive. Very aggressive. But it's sweet of you to say that. It's kind of polarizing, too, isn't it? When you're an INFJ, it's SO OBVIOUS.
      Yeah, I spend all my money on books too... I envy your job. I want to work at a bookstore SO BAD!
      Yeah, like I said to Gray, at that point it's not really exile anymore...
      No problem! I'm glad I got tagged for this, and I don't have tons of blogging friends who I can tag (at least, that Tracey didn't already tag... *glares*) but at least I could think of a couple! You're so welcome!

      Delete
  4. Hah this is great! And I 100% agree with you on the tower. Like trapped in an enchanted sleep sounds SO BORING I would not be impressed wasting my life like that. My TBR would go insane.😂(I also would buy ice cream/books if I got suddenly gifted a lot of money mwahhha.) ALSO CAN WE FLAIL ABOUT CENTURIES AND FALL OUT BOY?!? THAT'S LIKE THE BEST SONG OF THEIRS AHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your TBR is ridiculous. Just make sure you can take it with you to the tower and then you can make a serious dent in it. And also a chute that can drop new books into the tower whenever the pile starts looking like it might get low someday...
      *flails* Um, yes. Centuries is the best song ever and I will love it for the rest of my days and remember it for centuries.
      I am bad at puns.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the tag!! I'm excited to answer the questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)